Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Psalm 121 and then to bed with me. We had a toddler who wanted to be awake in the middle of the night last night. We were too tired to fight him, so he ended up in bed with us. He slept fine after that. I did not. Let's just say I was a bit crabby this morning. I turned it around pretty fast though. Having all of this "Happiness Project" stuff buzzing around in my head helps with stuff like that. So, no more bad mood, but I am still wiped.
Maybe I should try to squeeze in a little light reading before bed. Maybe from the next book club assignment...

Ch 1, page 1
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."
-Charles Dickens

Maybe not. I have no idea how I am going to get through that one before the next meeting. If I could just read that opening paragraph over and over again I would be fine. I love long lists of things:) Oh well, I'll think about that problem tomorrow. The words are swimming on the screen.
Goodnight friends.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW! i keep reading and rereading that line. it gives me joy, it gives me pain . . .

    ReplyDelete