Monday, March 29, 2010

20 things that make me happy:

















The picture above is of my newest thrift store find- I spent a whopping 89 cents on it. Cute, huh?

On Thursday night I am meeting with some other women from church who have been working through The Happiness Project as a group since January. They are, so far, unofficial but I think they have plans to become so. Anyway, this will be my first time at a meeting. I am looking forward to it. One of the assignments for Thurs. is to come up with a list of 10-20 things that make me happy. I actually found it rather hard to limit myself. (a good sign I think:) Buuut, I understand that most people would not want to listen to my top thousand favorite things, so I made the effort to just pick a few.


1. Date night (with my husband of course)
2. New notebooks
3. Hugs and kisses from Aaron Fyfe
4. Learning something new
5. The smell of books I loved as a child
6. Finding treasures in junk stores
7. A cup of tea(it's even better if it is in a charming cup)
8. Cheese- most any kind as long as it is the best of it's class
9. A good book
10. The beach
11. A nice, long talk with a friend
12. Making things with my hands
13. Fresh flowers in the house
14. A clean house
15. Singing night at church
16. Wearing flowers
17. Knowing that I have done my best at something
18.Coloring books and new packs of crayons
19. Swinging
20. Snuggling with my dog

Just making that list made me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on fresh flowers in the house. Not sure what it is...the color, the smell, that it's part of God's creation but I LOVE that. Last week I managed to have 3 vases full of flowers in my house and just knowing one of them was by the sink made me want to do dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment yesterday and it failed me. Awesome list! Awesome that Gretchen Rubin herself has now commented on your blog. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete