Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Assignment #2

Assignment #2 is to come up with verses to go with the main ideas of chapter 4

The first section is: Sing in the Morning
Yikes!
I am NOT a morning person. Think of me what you will, but David gets the house up and running each morning. He wakes everyone up and feeds the little ones breakfast while I try to squeeze in every last minute of sleep that I can. Granted, I do have a lot of trouble sleeping off and on, but still... When I'm sleeping WELL I'm still pretty pitiful. By the time I get done with my shower I am o.k., but before then I can barely function.
I just don't feel rested in the morning.
Our system suits us. David doesn't mind. So I happily take his gift and wake up at my own pace while he slaves away. For now, that means that David is the one in charge of setting the "tone" in our household each day. I'm off the hook there:) And he does a great job- he's a natural. I do want to learn to wake up in a happier frame of mind for myself though. My anxiety levels tend to be pretty high first thing. I think I am going to try quoting some of the Bible verses I am memorizing as soon as I am awake enough to do so. And maybe that will get me focused enough to say a coherent prayer! I know that there couldn't be a better way to wake up- focused on God and His word.

I want to wake up and feel the truth of the verse that I have at the top of my blog:

"This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
-Psalm 118:24

I want God to be the first thing I think of each morning like the children of Israel were taught:

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."
-Deuteronomy 6:6-9

and like King David:

"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD;
In the morning I will direct it to you, And I will look up."
-Psalm 5:3

Tomorrow morning then... God's word first thing, then try to focus on prayer. I'll let you know when I fail miserably. I know, I know. Have a little faith.(I'm still going to fail miserably.) It's a beautiful goal to end the day with though:)
And, with that, I wish you sweet dreams.
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment