Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mummies and Fire

The creative process is very messy...
Today I let the kids make mummies and coffins for their mummies out of various objects: shoe-boxes, paper, markers, tape, small action figures, toilet paper, coins, etc., etc. I thought about taking a picture of the obscene mess that they made, but they were all wearing their skivvies and I didn't think it would be appropriate to post such a picture- hilarious as it was. Of course Lilly did not make a mummy. She made some sort of treasure box. And the baby just colored his lips blue with a marker. Good times.
The boys then went on to fashion a homemade OVEN outside. I really should take a picture of it tomorrow. I'm not sure what they were planning to cook... perhaps the locust that Sean took a nibble of this afternoon? (He said it was disgusting). Sean came to me wanting to know how to light a fire in it. Apparently they had already tried at least one method but it did not produce any flames for them. I guess they have watched too many shows about surviving in the wilderness. Idiot that I am, I gave them some alternate ideas- banking on the fact that they wouldn't be able to implement said ideas properly. My gamble paid off. Still no flames. In desperation Morgan tried to sneak some matches outside but I caught him. They eventually tired of this venture and came inside to take showers. The yard was thoroughly trashed.

The clean-up is worth it though. At least they aren't sitting inside in front of some sort of screen all day!
And with that, I'm out. Goodnight all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment