Wednesday, August 11, 2010

July and August rolled into one

Wow. So it has been more than a month. Yikes. We had swimming lessons for two weeks and then a trip to South Carolina for two weeks and I guess I didn't find any time for the computer(to speak of) during all of the craziness. Gretchen's goals for August were all about money. I did work on that a bit. Anyone who knows me knows that money is a tough subject for me. We've got debt...debt from our college years, debt from medical bills, debt from buying big-ticket items: new(to us) van, air-conditioner, etc. Trust me, there's more. There is no point in going into it all. We work on it, but it is a long, slow process. I work really hard to be frugal with our money. I'm just not a "spender", so I struggle with knowing exactly what to do to improve our situation on my end. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are more things I could do, but I also want to stay sane. Really, the only thing I needed to work on diligently for the month was my ATTITUDE about our money issues. I pretty much stink at keeping my attitude where it should be in that area of my life. I think I did a good job this month though. My goal was to acknowledge that I am doing a good job and to give the rest of it to God. It's one of those things that we have all heard our whole lives... "Be anxious for nothing". Living it, well that is an entirely different matter. It's a choice. I just had to decide to do it. I'm not saying that I won't have issues with that particular problem any more, but I'm all about celebrating my victories- and this month I was victorious.

So, on to August. Her goals in August are all spiritual. I absolutely intend to read the chapter and see if I can formulate any goals of my own based on her ideas; but I have another idea for my main goal this month. Back to the word celebrate... I want this month to be about celebration. I've gotten too much bad news lately to know what to do with it all. In typical fashion, upon hearing the latest bit of blech, I prepared to wallow. There is just too much pain, too much confusion, too much, too much, too much. Oddly enough, I never got around to the wallowing. Instead, all I seem to be thinking about these days is the "knock the breath out of you" beauty of the promises God has made to us. I feel too filled up by them to stay quiet about it all. :) And why would I try? So, I'm asking for your help. I want you to bring it. Bring me all the positive you can find. Help me celebrate! Not winning today are you satan? How does that feel? Hurts huh? Well, deal. There's more of that coming your way.
O.k., if it doens't excite you to tell satan off, there is something wrong with you.
I for one am pumped.
Have an awesome day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

    ReplyDelete