Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep, for You alone O LORD make me dwell in safety -Psalm4:8

Reading Crazy Love by Fancis Chan right now. I'm not far enough into it to say whether or not I love it, but I certainly do appreciate the first chapter so far. The author is encouraging all of us to shut up for a while, take a step back, and look at our God- really look at Him and be in awe of what we see.
I also happen to have joined a class on Job where I worship. Last night, during class, I was looking at some of the things God said in answer to Job at the end of the book. It is God, Himself, showing us how big He is and how little we are. It's amazing and humbling. Tonight, the foundations of the earth.

"Now prepare yourself like a man:
I will question you, and you shall answer me.

Where were you(Job) when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
Who determined it's measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
To what were it's foundations fastened?
Or who laid it's cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together,
And all of the sons of God shouted for joy?"
Job 38: 3-7

I, for one, am glad I was not asked all of this directly by God.

Back to Chan... "This is why we are called to worship Him. His art. His handiwork, and His creation all echo the truth that He is glorious. There is no other like Him. He is the King of Kings, the Beginning and the End, the One who was and is and is to come. I know you've heard this before, but I don't want you to miss it."

We can all rest easy tonight knowing that we are cradled by a strong, powerful God. He will gladly shoulder our troubles. Peace is ours for the taking(right Mo?)
Enough said. Goodnight:)

Just realized: This fits in nicely with the "Think on these things" post. I declare that this is the first of the "Things that are true" posts. Truth #1- Our God is an awesome God!
Now, really, enough said.

1 comment:

  1. exactly.

    btw: oddly i had already posted a comment to this thread and it seams to have vanished. strange.

    ReplyDelete